Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where can I buy ping-pong balls in Korea?

Here's the question:

Where can I get ping pong balls? Emart has them, but they're like 7,000 won. Anywhere cheaper?


I'm sure you could find them in a sports store somewhere, but they'd also be expensive. I suggest you go to your local stationary store. Don't ask me why, but for some reason, ping-pong balls (탁구 공) are sold in stationary stores and they're usually pretty cheap. I should add that I typically buy them for beer bong -yes, I still play beer bong- and from my experience, they are usually pretty low quality.

So, if you wanna play table tennis, then spring for it, but if you want to pretend that you're still in college, head to the stationary store.

4 comments:

Chris in South Korea said...

E-mart also sells them. And a number of 'dollar stores' where everything is 1,000-2,000 won. I picked some up in Bucheon station for a game I used to play with my students :)

George: beer pong? Seriously? LOL :)

The Expat said...

The dollar store ones are horrible, but then again, if you're using them for drinking games, then it doesn't really matter does it.

Chris: I love it!

kushibo said...

Go to a t'akkujang (탁구장) and pay to play for thirty minutes. Surreptitiously walk out with one of the balls. Repeat until you have as many ping pong balls as you need.

If caught, tell them you're Canadian.

The Expat said...

Actually did that in Jamsil a few months ago. Wasn't caught, but I'm sure my Canadian accent would have mysteriously appeared if I had.